these steps shouldn’t require a PhD in software development either. Some readers will have no difficulty and breeze through the steps easily. Because people’s experiences, backgrounds, and intuitions differ, it may be a good idea to read through just to ascertain whether you feel comfortable or are getting over your head.
- If you have any doubts while using the Mi Flash Tool, do let us know in the below comments.
- For an average user, who hasn’t modified their Mi A2 in any manner, Method 1 (sideloading the OTA) is recommended.
- Do note that this requires a Windows PC, some custom software, drivers, etc.
- Android is an open-source platform that can be used by any developer to customize to build their own operating system for Android phones and tablets.
As for device support, from Xiaomi to OnePlus, Nokia, and Nothing, almost all the OEMs are supported. Simply put, Project Elixir is one of the best Android 13 custom ROMs in town right now and you should not miss it. Built on top of Google’s AOSP code and adding their own custom code to it, LineageOS works as a standalone ROM as well as the source code for many other custom ROMs out there. It has the most extensive developer team under its name and officially supports over 190 devices. The ROM includes basic but useful features that include but are not limited to customizing the status bar, changing the overall theme, editing the navbar, and much more stock ROM.
This version on the other hand, although it contains a few bugs, but it is in some necessary things that you may not be able to deal with on your primary phone. One such bug is that the official camera app does not work when you are trying to shoot with the front camera.
- For starters, a CAF-based ROM is an AOSP-based ROM that the chipset manufacturer Qualcomm uses to test their particular chipsets.
- As the device comes with a QUALCOMM Snapdragon chipset, we will use the QPST Tool or QFIL Tool in order to flash the ROM.
- If you want to downgrade or upgrade your version so it might be helpful for you we have provided all possible versions of Stock/Fastboot ROM download links of file.
- CrDroid has been around for some time and it has gained huge popularity among stock Android enthusiasts.
Well, if you don’t care about apps that detect an unlocked bootloader or root access, here’s a list of the best custom ROMs in 2022. Let’s first create a directory with the name aosp11 inside which you can download the android 11 source code. Now that you’ve downloaded the latest Android 11 Google Apps package file, it is time to install it on your custom ROM. Follow our guide mentioned below to flash the GApps file. You are about to install a custom ROM on your OnePlus 7. You can enjoy the latest and greatest features of Android 11 on your OnePlus 7 by installing the Evolution X .
In that case, you can have a look on the following older custom ROMs based on older Android versions. Follow the guide below to learn how to download and install One UI 3.0 Android 11 firmware on the Samsung Galaxy F41 series. We recommend using Samsung’s own utilities, Samsung Smart Switch and OTA (Over-the-air), to upgrade devices. Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website. Very similar to the regular version, the Xperia 10 Plus also has support for an unofficial version of LineageOS 18.0 which is built on Android 11 R.